Oh, heeeey! I KNEW you’d click into this recipe because who doesn’t LOVE pancakes?? Actually, now that I think about it – I know at least one person that doesn’t. She doesn’t like the fluffy texture (I know, right?!), so I don’t think she’d like these because these are full of fluff!
Now, I’m very particular about my pancakes. Of course, I love the big fluffy buttermilk pancakes you get from a diner but they aren’t gluten-free and wheat doesn’t love me as much as I love it. And, I don’t know if you’ve tried gluten-free flour blends – they don’t always turn out the best. So I set out on a mission to make the easiest pancakes that are both whole grain AND delicious. Not only are these pancakes packed with fiber, vitamins & minerals, and healthy fats, they’re so quick and easy to make you could eat them during the work week! Yep – gone are the days of saving the best breakfast options for the weekend. Now everyday can feel like Sunday brunch!
Years ago I invested in a Vitamix and it has never let me down – it texts me “I love you,” buys me flowers, remembers my birthday – naw, I’m just kidding! BUT, it really hasn’t ever let me down. It does an amazing job at turning even kale into juice. If you’ve been thinking about buying a Vitamix, you can purchase one here.
You don’t have to have a Vitamix but I can’t vouch for the consistency of any blender. You may need to let it run a little longer to get the pancake batter smooth enough.
Part of what makes pancakes so good is the topping you add on top. This is where it gets fun!
Here are some of my favorite pancake/waffle topping ideas –
*PB&J (obvi – that’s what I used in this recipe! Here’s a link to my quick and easy homemade Blueberry Chia Jam)
*Butter and pure maple syrup (traditional but always a hit!)
*Sliced banana and drizzled peanut butter
*Strawberries and whipped cream
*Greek yogurt and berries
*Melted dark chocolate and crushed hazelnuts (okay, I haven’t actually tried this but doesn’t it sound amazing?!)
Okay, you get the gist. The options are endless! These pancakes will be your staple but get creative with the toppings you have on hand.
Are you ready to make some pancakes?? Let’s dive in!
Whole Grain Blender Pancakes
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ banana
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk (I used almond milk)
- 1 scoop collagen peptides (optional but I like to add for extra protein - I used Vital Proteins)
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash or two of cinnamon
- Heat a nonstick frying pan or grease a frying pan and place on medium heat.
- Throw all of your ingredients into the blender and blend on medium to high until everything is mixed together and the oats are no longer whole. It took me about 20 seconds in my Vitamix blender.
- Pour ¼ cup of pancake batter into the frying pan and cook for about 2 minutes on each side or until starting to become golden brown. You know it's time to flip when the batter starts forming bubbles!
- Top with my super easy homemade Blueberry Chia Jam and some drizzly chunky peanut butter...drool...
What I Used To Make This Recipe:
Disclosure: Please note that one or more of the links on this post are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you I will earn a commission if you click the link and make a purchase. All products linked on this page are products I use personally and trust. Do not feel obligated to purchase any of these products unless they are products that you are interested in.